Week 8 Reading and Writing/Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Sometimes, the reading assignments are tough to complete. I'm not a big reader, so reading is difficult for me, but I'll have to learn eventually! I think I'm starting to hit my stride with my stories. Completing the writing assignments are tedious because I want my stories to be really good! I'm pretty happy with my writing and story posts for this class. I think I express my humor well and I have fun doing it. My blog and website could be better. I think they're both a bit plain, so I would like to spice it up with some cool stuff, but I haven't had to time or motivation to do so. My biggest accomplishment in my writing for this class is bringing a creative perspective by tying each story back to Bojack in my retelling. I think my retelling of stories is very creative compared to some of the other stories I read. Reading notes are helping with my stories, but they are a chore. I understand what the purpose is though, and I appreciate being forced to do them! My favorite reading so far has probably been Aesop's fables. I have not discovered any new reading/research strategies. What I've been doing seems to be working for me, and if it ain't broke, why fix it?
Bojack Horseman (Deviantart)


Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. Feedback in: I really enjoy when people comment on my stories who have watched the hit 2010s TV animated show Bojack Horseman. Those people get my references and they're often pretty funny. I also enjoy when people give me praise for my stories because I think that they're pretty good. Hate to own my horn but.. The best comments for me are the ones that actually give me some feedback to improve my stories and my website. I don't get a lot of those comments, but they are always welcome and helpful.
2. Feedback out: I think that I leave pretty good feedback and comments on other students' stories; however, when I am rushing through the assignment, my feedback and comments tend to be lacking. I like the WWW feedback strategy, it helps me to get to the long word count. I am not getting good ideas for my own writing as I analyze other people's writing because I'm often not looking. That's a good idea and I will look to implement it in the future.
3. Blog comments: I don't really feel like I'm connecting with people at their blogs because I leave comments, but I never get replies, so I'm not sure if they're actually getting my comments. I wish I knew what that the introduction was going to be used all semester. I would have tried a lot harder to give people talking points. I feel really bad for people who have to visit my introduction and comment on it.
4. Looking forward: Wait, I didn't know that I could make changes to my introduction. I'm going to make it so much better. I'll probably put more effort in feedback assignments and I expect others to do the same.
(Cheezburger)

I chose this picture because I feel like the most important feedback is internal. You have to be able to evaluate yourself and get better because you won't always have others to do it for you.


Comments